Selectmen Present: Joshua Devlin, Suzan Rudnicki, Earlyn Bowers, Douglas Small and John Luce
Town Manager: Tom Richmond
Recording Secretary: Coreen Sylvester
Guests Present: Stephanie True, Code Enforcement Officer Stewart Brooks, Glennis McSorely and Toby Pelletier
8:04 PM: Josh Devlin called the meeting to order.
Appointments: Stephanie True introduced herself and said she was interested in being on the
school board to replace Lori Small until the March 2012 election. Earlyn Bowers made a motion to appoint Stephanie True as an interim school board member. Sue Rudnicki seconded. Five voted in favor.
Earlyn Bowers made a motion to appoint Johnnie DeLuck to the Appeals Board. Sue Rudnicki seconded. Four voted in favor. One abstention.
Earlyn Bowers made a motion to move Mark Holmes from an alternate to a regular member of the Planning Board. Sue Rudnicki seconded. Five voted in favor.
Earlyn Bowers made a motion to appoint James Stanhope to the Planning Board. Sue Rudnicki seconded. Four voted in favor. One abstention.
MINUTES: Suzan Rudnicki made a motion to accept the minutes of July 18, 2011 as written.
Earlyn Bowers seconded. Three voted in favor. Doug Small and Josh Devlin abstained as they were not present for that meeting.
ROAD COMMISSIONER/TAX COLLECTOR/TOWN MANAGER REPORT:
1. The Town Manager said all but one of the driveway entrances on Cook Road are done.
2. Tom Richmond stated he will be going around in the next week or so to see which roads need crack sealing.
3. Tom let the Board know the only roads left to be paved this year are Horseback Road, South View Drive and Church Street.
4. The Board and the Town Manager discussed which roads they might want to consider paving next year.
5. Tom said he had Vaughn Thibodeau’s estimator come out to give an estimate on paving Church Street and again suggested closing it to truck traffic, because there is no point in paving it if we let trucks use it. Earlyn Bowers made a motion to close Church Street to truck traffic. Suzan Rudnicki seconded. Three voted in favor. Two abstentions.
6. Tom said the State is talking about changing the entrance to Old State Road.
7. John Luce said it doesn’t look like Ruggles Cemetery is being mowed because there are hay tassels in it. Tom said he will check it out. Tom also said Bill Cichocki told him he would be willing to fill the wheel ruts in Ruggles Cemetery if the Town will buy the rock.
WARRANT: John Luce made a motion to accept the payroll warrant of July 25, 2011 in
the amount of $4,459.74. Sue Rudnicki seconded. Five voted in favor.
WARRANT: John Luce made a motion to accept the accounts payable warrant of
July 25, 2011 in the amount of $10,436.34. Sue Rudnicki seconded. Five voted in favor.
OTHER BUSINESS: Tom Richmond stated Bangor Truck had the lowest price ($2,150.00) for
putting the truck body on the new truck, and it should be done tomorrow.
Tom asked if he is authorized to put the old truck out to bid. Selectmen had no objections.
ADJOURNMENT: Sue Rudnicki made a motion to adjourn. Josh Devlin seconded.
Five voted in favor. Meeting adjourned at 8:09 pm.